This afternoon, Class 7I had a great time thinking about different things we use the internet for. Mr Heywood said that when he was a little boy there was no such thing as the internet!
These are the things we came up with:
- Looking up information
- Playing games, like Temple Run, Score Hero, Minecraft.
- Watching video clips
- Reading and writing blogs
- SatNavs, Google Earth, journey planning
- Working and learning
- Watching films and TV programmes on demand
- E mails and messaging people
- Phone calls, video calls eg,What’s App, Facetime, Skype
- Facebook – looking at pictures and videos, people’s news.
Can you think of any more?
Soon we will learning more about how to use the internet safely.
What do you think we can do to make sure we are safe online?