Today we went to the junior ICT suite. It was really exciting because some of us haven’t been there before.
Mrs L asked us to find out facts about the Tomato Spider by logging on to the following website. First, we found out the latin name for the Tomato Spider and then we learnt about it’s diet and habitat.
Tomato Spider Website
After we had conducted out research Mrs Lilley told us that the Tomato Spider wasn’t real! We were shocked! Most of us believed it was.
We discussed the fact that we need to be cautious when we view information on websites; just because it looks real it doesn’t always mean that it is!
Today class 7 have been talking about the internet. We noticed our school blog hasn’t been updated for a while so we thought it would be a good idea to add some new posts!
After a discussion about what we use the internet for, we’ve decided to compile a ‘Top Ten’ list of things we enjoy.
We like to;
- Listen to music. (Lyla)
- Watch YouTube. (Teddy)
- Follow instructions to make crafty things. (Willow)
- Using amazon.co.uk to buy things. (Jessica)
- Play games. (Fraser)
- Find out stuff; asking questions about the world around us. (Faith)
- Looking at images. (Lana)
- Look at things that help us with our homework. (Martha)
- Print off colouring sheets. (Corey)
- Researching cricket players. (Oscar)
Over the coming weeks we will be learning about how we can stay safe on the internet.